Friday, July 16, 2010

60 Days!

We made 60 days this week! In some businesses 60 days is the trial period. However, in marriage it's for better or worse. There is no trial you just make things work...and with God's grace and direction combined with common sense and wise decisions it's a whole lot of fun! (Without those things I imagine that marriage could be a nightmare.)

Here's a few of our highlights from month number 2:


*The garden work continues... We had lots of rain this month so our yard is looking great. Kelly planted some monkey grass and other plants and we furnished our gazebo too!








*The Mr. painted our bedroom and we combined our wedding decor with our joint love for the sea and created a nautical themed room. (pic to come)

*We hammered out a good working budget, found our regular grocery shops and are developing our weekly menus. Kelly is quite the cook and is regularly cooking 1-2 nights a week. Last weekend he made an excellent grilled ginger chicken. His grilling combined with our weekly Indian and vegetarian meals has brought some good variety. (Here's a picture of Kelly with his Vietnamese hat from our sister Kelli!)


*The living room is almost furnished including the new TV. Though we are getting some new things I've been reminded quite a lot about laying your treasures in heaven. Toys vs. Treasures... it's something to think about.

*Richardson has issued us library cards! And, we checked out a devotional by Dr. Dobson that we both love...if you're looking for a good couples devotional I recommend Night Light. This is our 10:00 pm nightly date!

I've been busy writing thank you notes, working on creating wedding announcements and doing all sorts of post wedding wrap up. Here's a sneak preview of a few wedding pics. (We'll post more soon... that is, after the thank you's are done!)

*Finally the second monthiversary dessert - Matrimony Cake. This is one of Kelly's favorites. His mom gave me the recipe a while ago so I thought I'd give it a shot.


Okay, I'm pooped! It's been one busy month!



2 comments:

  1. Ok I have to say your pics do the transition of your home no justice!!! You have done so much work on your house its awesome!!!! What will you do with your time once you are done with the house???? :-)
    You guys are awesome hosts and cooks. We have to do the grilling again soon !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS... but we have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete