Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Season fun!



This holiday season we've had several visitors. In honor of all of them I'm posting this blog. Along with a few random updates... :)

Visitor #1 - Bindi!
Our good friends, Mandy and Shomik are gone to India. So, we have their pup Bindi. I say "pup" but she's really about a year old. She's very playful so much fun... she's been really easy to take care of and lots of fun.
Bindi with us on day 1. I think she was missing her mom and dad!
Kelly is especially loving the attention from the girls!
Bindi sacked out in Bullet's bed. I keep trying to get them to sleep in their own beds but it seems to have turned out that neither of them want their own respective bed, no matter how hard I try...

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I especially love cooking and preparing for friends. I have fond memories of thanksgiving with my family. One in particular is being in charge of toasting all the bread for homemade stuffing. I remember being about 8 and my dad putting me in front of the toaster and told me to have at it. Ever since then, I've been hooked. It's fun cooking for friend's and family!
Visitors #2 and 3! Luke and Carol Tullar - I've known Luke and Carol since I was a senior in college. We've probably spent about 4 or 5 Thanksgiving holidays together. I love their joyful spirits! And, we enjoyed dining together... as you can see, Bullet also loves Thanksgiving and wanted to be close by too! :)

Give me a bite of that Turkey Leg!

Other news...


Here's a pic Kelly took of the Sixth Floor Museum. Kelly spent a day down town doing a little sight seeing and looking into school programs too.

Six months and counting... We celebrated six months and I made the most pathetic monthiversary dessert. It was a busy week and on the 15th, I simply put together what we had. Pistachio pudding and white chocolate pretzels! An odd combination; nevertheless, we had good fun keeping up with our monthly tradition.


Around the corner... Christmas will be here before you know it! We decided to get in the holiday spirit early and set up our tree last night. I think this will be our last Christmas with our Charlie Brown tree.

One thing that got us in the spirit was going to a Dickens of a Christmas with our friends Christoph and Dagmar! They had the lighting of the tree, Christmas carols and all! It was a good way to kick off the Christmas season!

Okay folks, that's all for now! Enjoy this season with those you love!!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the pics very nice, wish we could
    have been there...

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! that really is a fantastic pic of kelly and the dogs! how did yall get them to pose like that?? haha. aww, i think your tree is cute! our tree looked more charlie brownish in our house too though. glad we got my mom's this year. you can find them so cheap after christmas though! :)

    ReplyDelete