Trial # 1 His TV, Her Kitchen
Kelly loves his TV and generally while he's watching it I'm off finding a new recipe and whipping up something in the kitchen. In all honesty, I pretty much hate TV. The constant noise of it after a while just gets on my last nerve. Not to mention that it's even more painful when I walk by the living room and realize no one is watching it. That's probably one of my biggest pet peeves. And, one that Kelly will admit he's often guilty of.We all have our own set of bad habits and mine is leaving the cupboards open. So often I'm in the kitchen and in the moment of creating and multitasking I often leave a cabinet or two open while I am deeply entrenched in my work. Truly, if you enter my working space you might be putting yourself at jeopardy as I'm a messy cook. Nothing could drive Kelly crazier...
So last weekend, we took the combination of the two bad habits and each of us failed at a perfect moment... Kelly went outside to water the lawn and left the TV on blaring in all its splendor. I finally realize what's going on, and in the midst of my cooking with all my cabinets open, I walk over to the TV and shut it off. No sooner do I get a chance to walk back to the kitchen to close them does the Mr. come in the back door... and, irritated that my cabinets are opened! (He had already mentioned it earlier.) He leans down and kisses me and says, "I love you even if you leave the cabinets open." My response.... "And I love you even though you leave the TV on." Then we just started laughing. Oddly enough, today I was cooking and realized I was conscious over the cabinets... and in the midst of my cooking I noticed it was really quiet and realized Kelly was watering the lawn and shut the TV off while he was gone.
Maybe we're slowly getting this thing... :)
Trial #2 Your bed or mine?
Our new dog Coco is 70 lbs. She's a gorgeous sweet natured dog. She's adjusted well and even our older dog Bullet seems to have taken to her. There's just one problem... Bullet likes to sleep in her bed. In fact, Bullet bullies her out of her bed. Ultimately they are just fighting for who is alpha... Here's some shots of their ongoing battle.Trial #2 Your bed or mine?
First, this is how it's supposed to be, each in their own bed.
However, this is how Bullet likes it...
Finally, for our first year monthiversary tradition... here's a new recipe we had this morning to celebrate, whole wheat cinnamon rolls.
yummy! Happy 90 days!
Laughter is the best medicine in marriage! i love it when that happens.!!!!
ReplyDelete